As part of Project Crossover, this wiki is scheduled to be archived in favor of the Fandom equivalent. If you object to this wiki being archived, please say why on the community portal discussion page. If there are no objections by August 9, 2020, this wiki will be archived.
As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Yo-Kai Watch Busters
Yo-kai Watch Busters: Akanekodan & Shiroinutai (妖怪ウォッチバスターズ 赤猫団&白犬隊|, lit. "Yo-kai Busters: Red Cat Team & White Dog Corps") is a spin-off game in the Yōkai Watch series for Nintendo 3DS. It's a departure from the classic Yo-Kai Watch series, and is expected to launch a series of Busters game all their own. In December 2015 a free DLC update called Gettogumi (月兎組 Gettogumi, "Moon Rabbit Party") will be released in Japan and fan goods and a fake case will be available along with December 2015's issue of CoroCoro.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Yo-Kai Watch Busters is somewhat an expansion of the original Yo-Kai Watch story concept. Taking control of the Busters, a group of Yo-Kai, you can launch "Patrol" quests, and take on bosses in the new "Big Boss" mode. At the Yo-Kai Busters headquarters, you can power up Yo-Kai on the team, and recruit up to 400 unique Yo-Kai.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The gameplay of Busters is reminiscent of the Oni-Busters gameplay from Yo-Kai Watch 2: Ganso and Honke and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shin'uchi; four players face other Yo-Kai and their various Boss forms in various game modes. The Busters travel around town, and carry out patrols in groups of four. This title also features online multiplayer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Busters" is an obvious homage to Ghostbusters, and much of the promotional media mirrors Ghostbusters art style and themes. .
- The Busters games come with their own special medals and stickers. The Red version (Red Cat Team, Akanekodan) has a medal for Red J enclosed; the Blue version (White Dog Corps, Shiroinutai) has a medal for Mighty Dog.
- Both Akanekodan and Shiroinutai include USApyon, and is the first appearance of this Yo-Kai. USApyon was originally slated for Yo-Kai Watch 3, but was included after fan interest.
- Whisper is usable in Shiroinutai, and Akamaru in Akanekodan.
- Whisper, Whis-be, and Akamaru can be traded between both versions of the games after the main storyline is complete.
- You can "dress up" Jibanyan, Komasan, and USApyon using special outfits you earn from completing the game and via certain yokai medals. Each outfit bestows different skills to each Yokai and you can change in and out of them freely.